Types of Stick Strikes
Lobtik - This is a slashing strike where the stick follows through after hitting its target.
- Slice - Not often used with the stick but sliding the stick along the the skin as if the weapon were a blade and the slice was strategic to a specific muscle or blood vessel. However if done quickly will cause minor discomfort and help set up for an additional attack.
Thrust - This is where the tip of the stick is poked into the opponent, this can be down with the palm facing up or down and can have several targets such as the heart, lung, throat, and solar plexus being among the most common. For better mechanics when thrusting to the stomach the thrust should be angled slightly upwards.
For more on single stick work please refer back to the Solo Baston page.
For more on the art please refer back to the main Kali/Arnis/Eskrima page.
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- How to Condition Shins for Muay Thai I have been working on a wiki page regarding shin blocks - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/muay-thai-shin-block One element is how Muay Thai fighters must work on conditioning their shins in order to manage any pain associated with a shin block (or shin ...
- New Shodan!!! Hello BBW community, I would just like to let you know that I passed my shodan test last night. I will try to get a pic or two up. I made mistakes but they just made me more focused when they happened. As some may have read my last post, the political...
- Groin Strikes & Self-Defense How much are groin strikes part of your self-defense training? A little, a lot or non-existent? Do you just practice a simple front kick to the groin or do you also practice more sophisticated groin attacks (i.e. with grappling techniques or escape tec...
- Great Article Found this gem on Pinterest of all places, the article goes way deeper than what I would have expected. I tend to agree with the Shodan part of the article. It is up to the school. My school skill and dedication rules all. Time in grade is small compa...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Kids - Books, Gift Ideas, etc.
- Party Ideas
- Rash Guards
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear
- Strength - Hojo Undo, Makiwara, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi
- Wiki Reviews