Books for Martial Arts Strength & Conditioning
Looking for the best martial arts strength & conditioning books? Here are our favorite strength & conditioning books and equipment. This section will help you to find books & equipment that will improve your overall martial arts strength and conditioning. In turn, this will enhance your kicking, punching and grappling power.
For other popular martial arts books (i.e. regarding kicking techniques, Karate, Krav Maga, etc.), please visit the main Martial Arts Books section. At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free. Thank you for your support!
Martial Arts Strength & Conditioning Books - Our favorites!
- The Anatomy of Martial Arts: An Illustrated Guide to the Muscles Used for Each Strike, Kick, and Throw
- The Art of Hojo Undo: Power Training for Traditional Karate - This Karate book looks at traditional Asian Hojo Undo strength training techniques & tools such as Ishi Sashi (stone hand weights), Makiwara (striking posts), etc.
- The Big Book of Endurance Training and Racing
- Bodyweight Strength Training Anatomy
- Conditioning for Combat Sports
- Delavier's Core Training Anatomy - This book works on improving your core strength (i.e. abs, obliques and lower back).
- Developing the Core (Sport Performance Series)
- The Encyclopedia of Underground Strength and Conditioning: How to Get Stronger and Tougher--In the Gym and in Life--Using the Training Secrets of the Athletic Elite
- Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning
- The Fighter's Body: An Owner's Manual: Your Guide to Diet, Nutrition, Exercise and Excellence in the Martial Arts
- High-Performance Sports Conditioning
- K.O. Power: Complete Strength Training for Devastating Punches, Kicks & Throws - This book focuses on topics such as personalized training routines, training for peak performance, increased punching power, etc.
- Medicine Ball Workouts: Strengthen Major and Supporting Muscle Groups for Increased Power, Coordination, and Core Stability
- The Navy SEAL Weight Training Workout
- Power Speed ENDURANCE: A Skill-Based Approach to Endurance Training
- Special Forces Fitness Training: Gym-Free Workouts to Build Muscle and Get in Elite Shape - This book focuses on a fitness program that the author "developed as a strength and conditioning specialist for the U.S. military special forces".
- The Special Ops Workout: The Elite Exercise Program Inspired by the United States Special Operations Command
- Starting Strength - Basic Barbell Training - This is an extremely popular fitness book.
- Strength Training Anatomy - This best selling book combines anatomical illustrations with strength training advice.
- Training for Warriors - This book focuses on strength & conditioning training exercises used in martial arts such as MMA, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ) and Judo.
- Ultimate Fitness - A book focused on martial arts conditioning.
- Ultimate Flexibility: A Complete Guide to Stretching for Martial Arts - This popular book is focused on martial arts stretching and flexibility.
- Ultimate MMA Conditioning
- Warrior Cardio
- The Warrior Diet: Switch on Your Biological Powerhouse For High Energy, Explosive Strength, and a Leaner, Harder Body - This book "looks not forward but backward for a solution–to the primal habits of early cultures such as nomads and hunter-gatherers, the Greeks, and the Romans. Based on survival science, this book proposes not ordinary dietary changes but rather a radical yet surprisingly simple lifestyle overhaul".
- Weight Training for Martial Arts: The Ultimate Guide - This book contains descriptions and photographs of a wide variety of weight training, flexibility and abdominal exercises used by martial artists.
Books for Improving Martial Arts Agility
Traditional Martial Arts Strengthening Equipment
Modern Strength Training & Conditioning Equipment
Latest Pages Added to Wiki
Popular Community Posts
Latest Posts Added to Community
- Martial Arts Burnout & Recovering Lost Students We have talked about martial arts "burnout". This is when a student take an extended break or leaves martial arts entirely due to work/family problems, issues with time commitment, injuries or a wide variety of other causes. How does your school deal...
- Escrima "on the rocks" a clip of some fun stick work with one of my students last week blocking close quarter butting strikes while using footwork on the rocks by the shallows of the beach gonna take some more environmental training videos here in the next few weeks
- What is the biggest downside of martial arts training? How would you answer a potential student if they asked "What is the biggest downside of martial arts training"? I know that we all love martial arts training... but please do not give any answers like there are no downsides, etc. Try to point out some...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Instructional DVDs
- Kata & Forms - Books & DVDs on Karate Kata, TKD Forms, etc.
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, MMA, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring Gloves, Headgear, etc.
- Strength & Conditioning - Books & Equipment
- Stretching & Flexibility - Books & Gear for Flexibility
- Training Gear - Punching Mitts, Heavy Bags, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi