Instructions for Krav Maga Switch Kicks
This page provides details for Krav Maga "Switch Kicks" (or "Double Kicks"). This should not be confused with the sparring Switch Kick technique.
This Krav Maga advanced technique (usually brown belt and above) uses both legs to quickly strike an attacker. For example, you throw a left round kick and as it hits target, you will be simultaneously throwing a right round kick. However, this kick can reduce your stability and requires good flexibility. Krav Maga switch kick techniques include front kicks with a switch, round kicks with a switch, knee strikes with a switch, etc.
To see how this type of martial arts kick is done by other martial arts, please visit pages on the Double Front Kick, Double Roundhouse Kick, etc. For other techniques, please visit the main Krav Maga Techniques section.
Written Instructions for Technique
- For ease of practicing, hopping kicks are a sort of prerequisite
- Immediately following the contact of the first kick, you must hop/jump off of the leg that you are standing on.
- This puts your entire body in the air.
- If it is the a round kick, the hips MUST rotate while in the air so that as the grounding foot and the kicking foot land close together in timing.
- Oftentimes the foot on the ground may have to hop backwards so that you can regain a grounding stance.
Instructional Video on Krav Maga Switch Kicks
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Moderation I am sorry that (for the first time) I felt the need to get all moderatory :) Unlike (a certain member) I do not feel the need to continually brag or boast (or lie) about my rank or experience, rather I would hope that my words on this community and my...
- Holding back. This week i sparred a vastly imferior fighter. The whole point was to get him ready for his first fight. He will in my opinion not win. I held back on every strike because even out of shape i am faster and more acurate/powerful than he is. Or so i tho...
- Inspiring people I am starting to decorate my garage and I like the look tons of pics on the wall. So I am reaching out to all of you for people to put on my wall. I am looking for people that have faced diversity or over came something in the fighting arts. Looking fo...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring gloves, footwear, headgear, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi