Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Yoga, etc. Meet martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Wiki Revision Date - 24 Oct 2014 19:28
Systema Kadochnikova Curve Step
The Systema curve step features some very important body dynamics for low acrobatics. This technique features the foundational movements of low acrobatics and helps to develop the ability to safely move from a position when ordinary movement is either not safe or not possible. It also helps you to understand the use of your center of mass. It is useful to practice the curve step in conjunction with the Systema forward roll.
For more Systema movement techniques, please visit the Systema Three Dimension Movement section.
Short Curve Step
- Sit down on the ground with both feet out in front of you.
- Pull one foot into the other as if you were about to stretch the back of the remaining leg.
- Put the foot of the other leg behind you as if you were to do a hurdle stretch.
- Swing the leg behind you around and lift yourself off the ground with the leg you placed in front of you. You may lean to the side with your body to make this easier.
- When your back leg is in front of you, bring your foot in and touch the ground with your little toe. Your foot must be relaxed or intentionally pointed or curved inward or you will feel immediate discomfort and suffer injury after repeated attempts. You can use your leg to control your body weight as it comes down over your leg or simply let it fall if you are performing the technique full speed. This will take you into a mirrored starting position.
- Significant contributions to this page were made by Mike, author of Action Heroing Made Easy (blog), http://sciencefist.blogspot.com/, Added - 10/23/14
- Kadochnikov System Russian Martial Art, http://kadochnikovsystem.com/ Added = 10/6/2014
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- New member Hi Everyone I am really happy to join this group and get to know you all.
- How to Condition Shins for Muay Thai I have been working on a wiki page regarding shin blocks - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/muay-thai-shin-block One element is how Muay Thai fighters must work on conditioning their shins in order to manage any pain associated with a shin block (or shin ...
- New Shodan!!! Hello BBW community, I would just like to let you know that I passed my shodan test last night. I will try to get a pic or two up. I made mistakes but they just made me more focused when they happened. As some may have read my last post, the political...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Kids - Books, Gift Ideas, etc.
- Party Ideas
- Rash Guards
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear
- Strength - Hojo Undo, Makiwara, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi
- Wiki Reviews