Instructions for a Taekwondo Back Stance or Dwi Kubi Seogi
This page teaches you how to do a Taekwondo Back Stance (or Dwi Kubi Seogi). Stances are used in Taekwondo forms and patterns, training exercises, sparring, etc.
For more stances, please visit the main Taekwondo Stances section.
Written Instructions for Stance
- Your feet should be in a L-shape (your front foot points forward and your back foot points 90 degrees to the side).
- The "length" between your two feet is about two shoulder widths apart.
- The "width" between your two feet is minimally as your legs should almost be in a single line facing towards your opponent.
- You will place most of your weight on your back leg. Your rear knee will be partially bent.
- Your body will be facing to the side and thus you are offering a smaller target to your opponent in the front.
- Your head will face forward towards your opponent.
Instructional Video for a Taekwondo Back Stance (starts at 3:25 into video)
- Taekwondo Animals.com, Taekwondo Stances, http://www.taekwondoanimals.com/taekwondo-stances.asp, Added - 05/22/14
- Kukkiwon World Taekwondo Headquarters, Taekwondo Techniques, http://www.kukkiwon.or.kr/front/pageView.action?cmd=/eng/information/taekwondoSkill2, Added - 05/22/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Martial arts tattoos Do you have any? What are your thoughts on them? I had one done a couple of years ago and I have decided to have a second one done today.
- Welcome to all of our recent new members I want to welcome the following new members: [239660,David Byler] , [239549,Hossein] , [239548,Graeme Reay] , [239422,Nick Santa Anna] , [239394,Marcus Moore] , [239264,Paul Helton] , [239260,Simon Mackenzie] , [239205,Rock Carey Sr.] , [239198,Vicki ...
- Lee Yingarn (1of2) Old school Tai Chi. Companion to a book showing/teaching soft and hard tai chi. 😎
- Perseverance With Health Issues ! This title can be an extraneous issue for those who havn't experienced a serious event. For those otherwise, it can be a nightmare ! Many MA's experience the bruises and they eventually subside in a short period, but those who have serious injuries ...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi