How To Count In Korean for Taekwondo
Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Yoga, etc. Meet martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Wiki Revision Date - 19 Sep 2015 20:32
How To Count In Korean for Taekwondo
This page will help you to count in Korean for your Taekwondo classes. We have listed the primary Korean numbers used in Taekwondo for training purposes such as stretching and forms or patterns. We have also added a video where you can hear the proper pronunciation of these Korean numbers.
For other Taekwondo terms (i.e. Korean names for kicks and punches), visit the Taekwondo Terminology page.
Section supported by Taekwondo books
Taekwondo Numbers - How to Count in Korean
- One - Hana ("Ha-na")
- Two - Dul ("Dhool")
- Three - Set ("Set")
- Four - Net ("Net")
- Five - Dasot ("Da-sut")
- Six - Yasot ("Yo-sut")
- Seven - Ilgup ("Eel-gope")
- Eight - Yodol ("Yo-dull")
- Nine - Ahop ("Ah-hope")
- Ten - Yeol ("Yull")
- For 11 through 19, add the Korean word for 10 in front of the last number. For example, eleven is Yeol Hana ("Yull Ha-na") - the Korean words for 10 and 1.
- Eleven - Yeol Hana ("Yull Ha-na")
- Twelve - Yeol Dul ("Yull Dhool")
- Thirteen - Yeol Set ("Yull Set")
- Fourteen - Yeol Net ("Yull Net")
- Fifteen - Yeol Dasot ("Yull Da-sut")
- Sixteen - Yeol Yasot ("Yull Yo-Sut")
- Seventeen - Yeol Ilgup ("Yull Eel-gope")
- Eighteen - Yeol Yodol ("Yull Yo-dull")
- Nineteen - Yeol Ahop ("Yull Ah-hope")
- Twenty - Seu-Mool ("Sew-mool")
- TaekwondoAnimals.com, Taekwondo Words & Commands, http://www.taekwondoanimals.com/taekwondo-words-terms.asp, Added - 4/26/13
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Is realistic self-defense training a contradiction in itself? There are countless providers that claim to offer realistic self-defense training. Routinely implied in in such claims is that other, more traditional schools/dojos/styles fail to address this. However, I am wondering if realistic self-defense training...
- Moderation I am sorry that (for the first time) I felt the need to get all moderatory :) Unlike (a certain member) I do not feel the need to continually brag or boast (or lie) about my rank or experience, rather I would hope that my words on this community and my...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring gloves, footwear, headgear, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi