List of Taekwondo Punches with Korean Names
Join this free martial arts wiki & community. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness & sports experts can help with Hojo Undo, Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, etc. Meet your fellow martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Page Revision Date - 16 Aug 2015 14:04
List of Taekwondo Punches with Korean Names - Section supported by Taekwondo books
This page provides focuses on a wide variety of Taekwondo punches (or Jireugi). It also provides the Korean names for these various Taekwondo punches.
For other Taekwondo arm techniques (i.e. knife hand strike), please visit the Taekwondo Strikes (Chigi) section.
For instructional videos focused on punches and strikes, please visit the main Punches & Strikes section.
Taekwondo Punches - English to Korean
- Diguetja Punch ("[" Shaped Punch) - Digeutja Jireugi
- Downward Punch - Naeryeo Jireugi
- Fork Punch - Chetdar Jireugi
- Extended Knuckle Fist Punch - Jipge Jumeok Jireugi
- Geumgang Punch - Geumgang Jireugi
- Half-Clenched Fist Punch - Pyeon Jumek Jireugi
- Lift Punch - Chi Jireugi
- Pincers Fist Punch - Jipge Bamjumeok Jireugi
- Pulling And Punching - Danggyeo Jireugi
- Rear Punch (Punch To The Rear) - Dwi Jireugi
- Side Punch - Yeop Jireugi
- Target Punch - Pyojeok Jireugi
- Turning Punch - Dollyeo Jireugi
- Turn-Over Punch - Jeocheo Jireugi
- Vertical Punch - Sewo Jiruegi
Taekwondo Punches - Korean to English
- Chetdar Jireugi - Fork Punch
- Chi Jireugi - Lift Punch
- Danggyeo Jireugi - Pulling And Punching
- Digeutja Jireugi - Diguetja Punch ("[" Shaped Punch)
- Dollyeo Jireugi - Turning Punch
- Dwi Jireugi - Rear Punch (Punch To The Rear)
- Geumgang Jireugi - Geumgang Punch
- Jeocheo Jireugi - Turn-Over Punch
- Jipge Bamjumeok Jireugi - Pincers Fist Punch
- Jipge Jumeok Jireugi - Extended Knuckle Fist Punch
- Naeryeo Jireugi - Downward Punch
- Pyeon Jumek Jireugi - Half-Clenched Fist Punch
- Pyojeok Jireugi - Target Punch
- Sewo Jiruegi - Vertical Punch
- Yeop Jireugi - Side Punch
- Kukkiwon World Taekwondo Headquarters, Taekwondo Techniques, http://www.kukkiwon.or.kr/front/pageView.action?cmd=/eng/information/taekwondoSkill2, Added - 06/10/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Please visit the wiki community to see the most recent members posts. However, we have listed below some of the top-rated posts added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated martial arts questions & answers. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.