List of Taekwondo Strikes with Korean Names
Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Yoga, etc. Meet martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Wiki Revision Date - 16 Aug 2015 14:04
List of Taekwondo Strikes with Korean Names - Section supported by Taekwondo books
This page provides focuses on a wide variety of Taekwondo strikes (Chigi) such as knife hand strikes. It also provides the Korean names for these various Taekwondo strikes.
For other Taekwondo arm techniques (i.e. Extended Knuckle Fist Punch), please visit the Taekwondo Punches (Jireugi) section.
For instructional videos focused on punches and strikes, please visit the main Punches & Strikes section.
Taekwondo Strikes - English to Korean
- Back Knuckle Strike (Back Fist) - Deungjumeok Chigi
- Downward Strike - Naeyeo Chigi
- Elbow Turn Strike (Elbow Strike) - Palgup Dollyeo Chigi
- Inward Strike - An Chigi
- Forward Strike - Ap Chigi
- Hammer Hand Downward Strike (Hammer Fist) - Mejumeok Naeryeo Chigi
- Hand Blade Strike (Knife Hand Strike) - Sonnal Chigi
- Outward Strike - Bakkat Chigi
- Palm Heel Strike (Palm Strike) - Batangson Chigi
- Pulling Strike - Danggyeo Chigi
- Rear Strike (i.e. rear elbow strike) - Dwi Chigi
- Ridge Hand Outward Strike (Ridge Hand Strike) - Sonnaldeung Bakkat Chigi
- Side Strike - Yeop Chigi
- Supporting Strike - Geodeureo Chigi
- Swallow Strike (block upwards and strike inwards at same time) - Jebipum Chigi
- Target Strike - Pyojeok Chigi
- Turning Strike - Dollyeo Chigi
- Twisting Strike - Biteureo Chigi
- Upward Strike (i.e. wrist bone is used to strike vertically) - Ollyeo Chigi
Taekwondo Strikes - Korean to English
- An Chigi - Inward Strike
- Ap Chigi - Forward Strike
- Bakkat Chigi - Outward Strike
- Batangson Chigi - Palm Heel Strike (Palm Strike)
- Biteureo Chigi - Twisting Strike
- Danggyeo Chigi - Pulling Strike
- Deungjumeok Chigi - Back Knuckle Strike (Back Fist)
- Dollyeo Chigi - Turning Strike
- Dwi Chigi - Elbow Strike To The Rear (i.e. rear elbow strike)
- Geodeureo Chigi - Supporting Strike
- Jebipum Chigi - Swallow Strike (block upwards and strike inwards at same time)
- Mejumeok Naeryeo Chigi - Hammer Hand Downward Strike (Hammer Fist)
- Naeyeo Chigi - Downward Strike
- Ollyeo Chigi - Upward Strike (i.e. wrist bone is used to strike vertically)
- Palgup Dollyeo Chigi - Elbow Turn Strike (Elbow Strike)
- Pyojeok Chigi - Target Strike
- Sonnal Chigi - Hand Blade Strike (Knife Hand Strike)
- Sonnaldeung Bakkat Chigi - Ridge Hand Outward Strike (Ridge Hand Strike)
- Yeop Chigi - Side Strike
- Kukkiwon World Taekwondo Headquarters, Taekwondo Techniques, http://www.kukkiwon.or.kr/front/pageView.action?cmd=/eng/information/taekwondoSkill2, Added - 06/10/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Top 10 Deadliest Lists Ever!!! Here is my definitive list of top 10 MA lists. They are in order of which ever one I randomly chose and therefore completely relevant! Anyone who doesn't agree with my list will go on to my list of people who don't agree with my list list! :) 0. https...
- New MA World Record A new Guinness World record for breaking blocks has recently been set, here is a link to the article and video, I don't know about anyone else but I seriously doubt the composite structure of those blocks especially given the nature of the technique us...
- Famous Karate Quotes The wiki has a page on famous martial arts quotes - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/martial-arts-quotes However, it is severely lacking many good Karate quotes. Can you please post some of the classic Karate quotes (with the associated style & originator...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring gloves, footwear, headgear, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi