List of Taekwondo Strikes with Korean Names
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Yoga, etc. Meet martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Page Revision Date - 16 Aug 2015 14:04
List of Taekwondo Strikes with Korean Names - Section supported by Taekwondo books
This page provides focuses on a wide variety of Taekwondo strikes (Chigi) such as knife hand strikes. It also provides the Korean names for these various Taekwondo strikes.
For other Taekwondo arm techniques (i.e. Extended Knuckle Fist Punch), please visit the Taekwondo Punches (Jireugi) section.
For instructional videos focused on punches and strikes, please visit the main Punches & Strikes section.
Taekwondo Strikes - English to Korean
- Back Knuckle Strike (Back Fist) - Deungjumeok Chigi
- Downward Strike - Naeyeo Chigi
- Elbow Turn Strike (Elbow Strike) - Palgup Dollyeo Chigi
- Inward Strike - An Chigi
- Forward Strike - Ap Chigi
- Hammer Hand Downward Strike (Hammer Fist) - Mejumeok Naeryeo Chigi
- Hand Blade Strike (Knife Hand Strike) - Sonnal Chigi
- Outward Strike - Bakkat Chigi
- Palm Heel Strike (Palm Strike) - Batangson Chigi
- Pulling Strike - Danggyeo Chigi
- Rear Strike (i.e. rear elbow strike) - Dwi Chigi
- Ridge Hand Outward Strike (Ridge Hand Strike) - Sonnaldeung Bakkat Chigi
- Side Strike - Yeop Chigi
- Supporting Strike - Geodeureo Chigi
- Swallow Strike (block upwards and strike inwards at same time) - Jebipum Chigi
- Target Strike - Pyojeok Chigi
- Turning Strike - Dollyeo Chigi
- Twisting Strike - Biteureo Chigi
- Upward Strike (i.e. wrist bone is used to strike vertically) - Ollyeo Chigi
Taekwondo Strikes - Korean to English
- An Chigi - Inward Strike
- Ap Chigi - Forward Strike
- Bakkat Chigi - Outward Strike
- Batangson Chigi - Palm Heel Strike (Palm Strike)
- Biteureo Chigi - Twisting Strike
- Danggyeo Chigi - Pulling Strike
- Deungjumeok Chigi - Back Knuckle Strike (Back Fist)
- Dollyeo Chigi - Turning Strike
- Dwi Chigi - Elbow Strike To The Rear (i.e. rear elbow strike)
- Geodeureo Chigi - Supporting Strike
- Jebipum Chigi - Swallow Strike (block upwards and strike inwards at same time)
- Mejumeok Naeryeo Chigi - Hammer Hand Downward Strike (Hammer Fist)
- Naeyeo Chigi - Downward Strike
- Ollyeo Chigi - Upward Strike (i.e. wrist bone is used to strike vertically)
- Palgup Dollyeo Chigi - Elbow Turn Strike (Elbow Strike)
- Pyojeok Chigi - Target Strike
- Sonnal Chigi - Hand Blade Strike (Knife Hand Strike)
- Sonnaldeung Bakkat Chigi - Ridge Hand Outward Strike (Ridge Hand Strike)
- Yeop Chigi - Side Strike
- Kukkiwon World Taekwondo Headquarters, Taekwondo Techniques, http://www.kukkiwon.or.kr/front/pageView.action?cmd=/eng/information/taekwondoSkill2, Added - 06/10/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- What are your Hidden Mysteries that dictate life balance ? There are inside and outside perspectives from every karate-ka and at every level. Providing a balanced perspective is the aim of success, but there is so much misinformation out there, that interested lay people and curious practioners might not be a...
- New Developments for "Not WIthout a Fight" I am very happy to be working with David Kahn https://www.israelikrav.com/ who is not only a historian but the US Chief Instructor for Israeli Krav Maga. As I have mentioned before, "Not Without a Fight" is a novel based on a true story about a Jewish...
- How to Learn Martial Arts from a Video It is quite a coincidence that the worth of MA videos has recently been a topic here. Sensei Ando just released this video which right off the bat states that you need an instructor. Nonetheless, he gives some tips on how to get the best out of what ...
- Contraversial Ok everyone here I go! At some point and time, I would like to think that we have watch a MMA or a UFC fight. Yes? No? Anyway, what do you think as far as technique striking (hands only), choking, takedowns, kicking goes good? bad? or indifferent? ...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics