Learn Tai Chi 24 Form - Beijing or Simplified Form
This page focuses on the Tai Chi 24 form (also known as the Beijing form or simplified form). This form was created in 1956 by the Chinese Government's National Sports Committee in order to create a simplified Tai Chi form for the "masses" (as many traditional Tai Chi forms were too long or complex).
For more forms, please visit the main Tai Chi Forms (Ch'uan) section.
YouTube Videos of Tai Chi 24 Form
Written Instructions for Tai Chi 24 Form - Beijing Form
For details on most of these movements, please visit the main Tai Chi Techniques section.
- Beginning Posture
- Part the Wild Horse's Mane
- White Crane Spreads Its Wings
- Brush Knee and Step Forward
- Playing the Lute (or Guitar)
- Step Back or Reverse Reeling Forearm (Repulse Monkey)
- Left Grasp Sparrow's Tail
- Right Grasp Sparrow's Tail
- Single Whip
- Wave Hands Like Clouds
- Single Whip
- High Pat on Horse or Stroke Horse
- Cross Hands, Right Heel Kick
- Strike to Ears with Both Fists
- Turn Body, Cross Hands, Left Heel Kick
- Left Single Whip Low, Bird Stand on One Leg
- Right Single Whip Low, Bird Stand on One Leg
- Shuttle Back and Forth
- Needle at Bottom of Ocean
- Ward Off, Push Away (or Fan Through Back)
- Turn Body, Deflect, Parry, and Punch
- Appears Closed or Closing Shut
- Cross Hands
- End or Ending Posture
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Famous Karate Quotes The wiki has a page on famous martial arts quotes - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/martial-arts-quotes However, it is severely lacking many good Karate quotes. Can you please post some of the classic Karate quotes (with the associated style & originator...
- Is realistic self-defense training a contradiction in itself? There are countless providers that claim to offer realistic self-defense training. Routinely implied in in such claims is that other, more traditional schools/dojos/styles fail to address this. However, I am wondering if realistic self-defense training...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring gloves, footwear, headgear, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi