Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon - Rapponme (Kihon 6)
This page provides details for Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon - Rapponme. This technique is also known as Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon 6.
For other kihon techniques, please visit the main Wado-Ryu Kihon Kumite section. If you are looking for additional kumite techniques, please visit the main Karate Kumite section.
Instructions for Wado-Ryu Kihon 6
After bowing, the attacker takes one step forward and the defender takes one step backward.
- Hidari Zenkutsu-dachi (Left basic stance)
- Lunge forward with Hidari Tsukkomi Jodan (Left head height punch)
- Kick with Hidari Surikomi Sokuto Chudan (Left step-up side kick)
- As you land execute Migi Gyakuzuki Jodan (Right head height reverse punch)
- Migi Zenkutsu-dachi (Right basic stance)
- Slide to the left and cover attack with Migi Nagashi Soto-uke (Right middle block) to avoid punch
- Twist to the left through the left heel and block with Migi Gedan Bari (Right downward block)
- Twist to the right through the right heel, block the punch with a Migi Nagashi Shuto Uchiuke (Right sweeping open hand block) and simultaneously strike the ribs with Hidari Ippon-Ken (Left one knuckle punch)
- The reverse block (defender stage 3) is blocking the kick behind your body
- When practicing this kihon do not strike with ippon ken to the ribs with full force (Defender stage 4) as this can cause damage to ribs.
Written instructions provided by the students of Kentai Karate, www.kentaikarate.co.uk, Added - 04/10/2015
Latest Informational Pages Added to Wiki
Popular & Highly Rated Community Posts
Recent Member Posts Added to Community
- newby hi guys, first off thanks for having me, well im 48 and trying to get in shape ! always been interested in learning the art for balance in life. i need beginner material thanks
- Irimi Training "Irimi" or "entering" is primarily used and studied in aikido, though other martial arts use similar concepts.
- MMA vs Thai Chi (sort of) Here is a video that has apparently gone viral in China showing what happens when a 'self styled' Tai Chi 'master' comes up against years of dedicated MA training http://shanghaiist.com/2017/04/28/mma-vs-tai-chi.php
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Instructional DVDs
- Kata & Forms - Books & DVDs on Karate Kata, TKD Forms, etc.
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, MMA, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring Gloves, Headgear, etc.
- Strength & Conditioning - Books & Equipment
- Stretching & Flexibility - Books & Gear for Flexibility
- Training Gear - Punching Mitts, Heavy Bags, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi