Wado Ryu Kumite Kihon Rapponme
Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Yoga, etc. Meet martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Page Revision Date - 10 Apr 2015 16:08
Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon - Rapponme (Kihon 6)
This page provides details for Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon - Rapponme. This technique is also known as Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon 6.
For other kihon techniques, please visit the main Wado-Ryu Kihon Kumite section. If you are looking for additional kumite techniques, please visit the main Karate Kumite section.
Instructions for Wado-Ryu Kihon 6
After bowing, the attacker takes one step forward and the defender takes one step backward.
- Hidari Zenkutsu-dachi (Left basic stance)
- Lunge forward with Hidari Tsukkomi Jodan (Left head height punch)
- Kick with Hidari Surikomi Sokuto Chudan (Left step-up side kick)
- As you land execute Migi Gyakuzuki Jodan (Right head height reverse punch)
- Migi Zenkutsu-dachi (Right basic stance)
- Slide to the left and cover attack with Migi Nagashi Soto-uke (Right middle block) to avoid punch
- Twist to the left through the left heel and block with Migi Gedan Bari (Right downward block)
- Twist to the right through the right heel, block the punch with a Migi Nagashi Shuto Uchiuke (Right sweeping open hand block) and simultaneously strike the ribs with Hidari Ippon-Ken (Left one knuckle punch)
- The reverse block (defender stage 3) is blocking the kick behind your body
- When practicing this kihon do not strike with ippon ken to the ribs with full force (Defender stage 4) as this can cause damage to ribs.
Written instructions provided by the students of Kentai Karate, www.kentaikarate.co.uk, Added - 04/10/2015
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Judo as Insurance Sometimes martial arts training is necessary so you can follow a different goal. This award winning ad was created for American Family Insurance. Will Black Belt Wiki
- Karate Nerd in Okinawa Jesse Enkamp has once again travelled to Okinawa, the Home of Karate, and this time he's taking us with him. Having watched this it makes me want to go to Okinawa and Japan even more. I have found it very informative, and entertaining. It's not all ab...
- Community "Clean Up" In about a week, I will be doing a little spring cleaning... all members who have never posted or commented on a conversation will be deleted. Also if you were an active poster but haven't posted or commented in the past year, we will also review your ...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics