Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon - Yonhonme (Kihon 4)
This page provides details for Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon - Yonhonme. This technique is also known as Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon 4.
For other kihon techniques, please visit the main Wado-Ryu Kihon Kumite section. If you are looking for additional kumite techniques, please visit the main Karate Kumite section.
Instructions for Wado-Ryu Kihon 4
After bowing, the attacker takes one step forward and the defender takes one step backward.
- Hidari Zenkutsu-dachi (Left basic stance)
- Lunge forward with Hidari Tsukkomi Jodan (Left head height punch)
- Sliding forward, still in Hidari Zenkutsu-dachi (Left basic stance), Migi Gyakuzuki Jodan (Right head height reverse punch)
- Migi Zenkutsu-dachi (Right basic stance)
- Slide to the left and cover attack with Migi Nagashi Soto-uke (Right middle block) to avoid punch
- Twist your hips bringing the right leg back slightly, and block the punch with a Nagashi Shuto Uchiuke (Sweeping open hand block) in Neko Ashi-Dachi (Cat stance)
- Move the right leg forward and strike with Migi Ippon-Ken (Right one knuckle punch) to the armpit and simultaneously strike the elbow with Shutuke (Open hand block/strike)
- In this case Shutuke (open hand block) is not used as a block but as a strike.
- When practicing this kihon do not strike the elbow with full force (Defender stage 3) as this can cause permanent ligament damage if practiced repeatedly
- Written instructions provided by the students of Kentai Karate, www.kentaikarate.co.uk, Added - 04/10/2015
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Perseverance With Health Issues ! This title can be an extraneous issue for those who havn't experienced a serious event. For those otherwise, it can be a nightmare ! Many MA's experience the bruises and they eventually subside in a short period, but those who have serious injuries ...
- Rewrapping sai - looking for advice Last summer, the cheap wraps on one of my sai started coming off. I decided to look up how to change the wrap, and found two videos in particular that greatly assisted me. Below is a link to a picture with one original (black) wrap and one sai with t...
- Positives AND negatives for new martial arts students over 60? Since we have a good number of "mature" :) martial arts students & instructors on this site, I thought you might like to share some of your knowledge & give some advice. What would you tell to a person who was over 60 and thinking about joining a marti...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi