Wado Ryu Kumite Kihon Yonhonme
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Yoga, etc. Meet martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Page Revision Date - 10 Apr 2015 16:08
Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon - Yonhonme (Kihon 4)
This page provides details for Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon - Yonhonme. This technique is also known as Wado-Ryu Kumite Kihon 4.
For other kihon techniques, please visit the main Wado-Ryu Kihon Kumite section. If you are looking for additional kumite techniques, please visit the main Karate Kumite section.
Instructions for Wado-Ryu Kihon 4
After bowing, the attacker takes one step forward and the defender takes one step backward.
- Hidari Zenkutsu-dachi (Left basic stance)
- Lunge forward with Hidari Tsukkomi Jodan (Left head height punch)
- Sliding forward, still in Hidari Zenkutsu-dachi (Left basic stance), Migi Gyakuzuki Jodan (Right head height reverse punch)
- Migi Zenkutsu-dachi (Right basic stance)
- Slide to the left and cover attack with Migi Nagashi Soto-uke (Right middle block) to avoid punch
- Twist your hips bringing the right leg back slightly, and block the punch with a Nagashi Shuto Uchiuke (Sweeping open hand block) in Neko Ashi-Dachi (Cat stance)
- Move the right leg forward and strike with Migi Ippon-Ken (Right one knuckle punch) to the armpit and simultaneously strike the elbow with Shutuke (Open hand block/strike)
- In this case Shutuke (open hand block) is not used as a block but as a strike.
- When practicing this kihon do not strike the elbow with full force (Defender stage 3) as this can cause permanent ligament damage if practiced repeatedly
- Written instructions provided by the students of Kentai Karate, www.kentaikarate.co.uk, Added - 04/10/2015
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- New dojo mats Some of your know I've been wanting new mats and finally got them for my bday. 3' by 3' 1" thick Dual sided black and grey 180 sqft worth of them The basement dojo looks beautiful and near professional. Add me on Facebook if you want to see.
- The 3 grappling moves that every martial artist should know What the the 3 grappling techniques that every martial artist should know? They can be submissions, escapes, etc. They can also be from BJJ, Judo, Wrestling, etc. Please try to name the techniques and explain why they should be learned. Think that yo...
- What are your Hidden Mysteries that dictate life balance ? There are inside and outside perspectives from every karate-ka and at every level. Providing a balanced perspective is the aim of success, but there is so much misinformation out there, that interested lay people and curious practioners might not be a...
- New Developments for "Not WIthout a Fight" I am very happy to be working with David Kahn https://www.israelikrav.com/ who is not only a historian but the US Chief Instructor for Israeli Krav Maga. As I have mentioned before, "Not Without a Fight" is a novel based on a true story about a Jewish...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics