Rules for Contributors to Black Belt Wiki
- All martial arts enthusiasts are welcome to contribute to this Wiki and hopefully will in time join our top contributors list.
- We want this wiki to help drive visitors back to contributor websites as a reward for their hardwork on this wiki. Therefore, members are allowed to add their names, commentary and links to their martial arts schools in their member profiles (i.e. Will from TaekwondoAnimals.com). So make your member profile as creative as you like but do not self-promote on the regular wiki pages (i.e. posting links back to your website when describing an Aikido technique). Violators of this rule will be warned and eventually banned for repeated violations.
- All links on this wiki should be directed back to other Black Belt Wiki pages (unless cited as reference material in the reference section at the bottom of each wiki page). If a page is not available on Black Belt Wiki (i.e. a new kicking technique) then please create a new page focused on the missing martial arts subject. Links to outside websites (other than in member profiles and page reference sections) will be deleted and members will be warned regarding self-promotion.
- Also in the reference section, please do not "jump the line". If your source is second in the reference list then leave it as second versus putting it in first place. All references should include the name of the Website, Page/Article Title (if possible), URL (webpage link) and Date Added. For example - TaekwondoAnimals.com, Taekwondo Kicks, http://www.taekwondoanimals.com/taekwondo-kicks.asp - Added on 4/18/13.
- Martial arts technique pages (i.e. kicking and self-defense techniques) should have video and written instructions (if possible) in order to properly illustrate a technique. Try to place the video near the top of the page after a short description of the page and/or technique in order to be more attractive/useful for visitors. Full written instructions or details should be placed under the video.
- Only YouTube videos should be used in order to avoid/minimize any copyright issues. Try to select videos that have the best quality and instructional elements. Also do not post overly violent videos as younger martial arts students are also watching these videos. Find ones that will help students to improve their techniques.
- Do not copy any movies (i.e. Enter the Dragon) or segments of movies other than approved movie trailers officially released on YouTube.
- Also do not copy any Human Weapon videos on YouTube as these videos were not officially released by their creators on YouTube.
- Try to use only one or two videos per page in order to avoid slow page loading (three videos is the maximum). We want to help martial arts students, not annoy them.
- If a page is getting too long then create new pages to cover elements from the main page (i.e. create a separate page detailing the Forms used in Taekwondo). Howvever, remember to link to this page from the main page (i.e. More information on forms is found on the main Taekwondo Forms page.).
- If you create a link to another page and you only see a red link then you have linked to a non-existent page (perhaps you misspelled the page name). A blue link shows that is linked to an existing page.
- Please do not copy another website's material. Be creative and add your own original content.
- Please do not just copy & paste a Wikipedia page. We want to be better than and different from Wikipedia. Add your own thoughts and ideas, add a video, correct a sentence, link to another page on Black Belt Wiki in order to explain a martial arts term, etc.
- If you find a page "locked", it is because we think it has been finished (i.e. the technique has complete video and written instructions) or it is a critical page for this wiki (and thus should not be changed). If you think a locked page should be changed, please contact us or create a separate wiki page in order to cover the information that you think should be added to this wiki.
- Respect other martial arts. Each martial arts is unique and brings something to the table (i.e. weapons training, kicking power, grappling techniques, self-defense ideas, etc.). We can learn new techniques from each style… so please do not add a negative "edit" to a style that you do not like.
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Is realistic self-defense training a contradiction in itself? There are countless providers that claim to offer realistic self-defense training. Routinely implied in in such claims is that other, more traditional schools/dojos/styles fail to address this. However, I am wondering if realistic self-defense training...
- Moderation I am sorry that (for the first time) I felt the need to get all moderatory :) Unlike (a certain member) I do not feel the need to continually brag or boast (or lie) about my rank or experience, rather I would hope that my words on this community and my...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring gloves, footwear, headgear, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi