Learn about Yoseikan Budo - Japanese Martial Arts
Yoseikan Budo is a Japanese martial arts style that combines a number of different martial arts including Aikido, Jujutsu, Judo, Karate, Kobudo and Boxing.
According to the United States Yoseikan Budo Association, "Yoseikan is a comprehensive martial art. It encompasses elements of many of the more readily recognized martial arts. The strongest and most direct relationship of Yoseikan is with aikido. Yoseikan is often thought of as an outgrowth of aikido because Yoseikan’s founder , Master Minoru Mochizuki, was a senior desciple of Morehei Uyeshiba, the founder of Aikikai Aikido. Yoseikan shares peer status as a subsequent variant of aikido with other styles such as Yoshinkai, Tomiki-Ryu, and others. At the technical level, Yoseikan focuses strongly on the principles of the older Aikido as taught by Master Uyeshiba before World War II. It also borrows heavily from the advanced techniques of Judo, particularly the sutemi (or sacrifice) techniques. To a lesser degree (as practiced currently in the US) techniques of karate and kobudo (the way of fighting with weapons) are also practiced as part of an integrated system."
- United States Yoseikan Budo Association (USYBA), Frequently Asked Question, http://yoseikanbudo.us/articles/frequently-asked-questions/, Added - 03/05/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- What makes a Master?? Floating around in some posts is the word "master." Personally, I do not like "master" when involved with the martial arts. If someone has mastered something then there is no need to learn more, right? From my understanding, what makes a 8-10 don is th...
- LODGING TOGETHER --- gasskuku Lodging Together in our martial arts perspective is by interactive conversation in shared discussions, that sometimes turns into teaching moments in gaining knowledge or simply transactions and perspectives (yomi) from each other. Shinobu is to endure...
- Tattered, worn, white, blackbelt This video has an example of what I actually want to talk about. I have seen this before. I have seen this a lot... online. What is the deal with these tattered old blackbelts? If you don't know what I mean, skip to 10:57 to get a good look at Jess...
- Top 10 As a follow up to another question. You get 10 techniques to learn for the rset of your life. Stand up, ground throws etc. The jab cross and foot movement are already mastered. As well as the rnc, shrimping and hip ups. What would you choose
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics