Learn about Yoseikan Budo - Japanese Martial Arts
Yoseikan Budo is a Japanese martial arts style that combines a number of different martial arts including Aikido, Jujutsu, Judo, Karate, Kobudo and Boxing.
According to the United States Yoseikan Budo Association, "Yoseikan is a comprehensive martial art. It encompasses elements of many of the more readily recognized martial arts. The strongest and most direct relationship of Yoseikan is with aikido. Yoseikan is often thought of as an outgrowth of aikido because Yoseikan’s founder , Master Minoru Mochizuki, was a senior desciple of Morehei Uyeshiba, the founder of Aikikai Aikido. Yoseikan shares peer status as a subsequent variant of aikido with other styles such as Yoshinkai, Tomiki-Ryu, and others. At the technical level, Yoseikan focuses strongly on the principles of the older Aikido as taught by Master Uyeshiba before World War II. It also borrows heavily from the advanced techniques of Judo, particularly the sutemi (or sacrifice) techniques. To a lesser degree (as practiced currently in the US) techniques of karate and kobudo (the way of fighting with weapons) are also practiced as part of an integrated system."
- United States Yoseikan Budo Association (USYBA), Frequently Asked Question, http://yoseikanbudo.us/articles/frequently-asked-questions/, Added - 03/05/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Holding back. This week i sparred a vastly imferior fighter. The whole point was to get him ready for his first fight. He will in my opinion not win. I held back on every strike because even out of shape i am faster and more acurate/powerful than he is. Or so i tho...
- Inspiring people I am starting to decorate my garage and I like the look tons of pics on the wall. So I am reaching out to all of you for people to put on my wall. I am looking for people that have faced diversity or over came something in the fighting arts. Looking fo...
- How to use a chair to practice high kicks Since we have been talking about Bill "Superfoot" Wallace's amazing flexibility and kicking prowess, I thought you would like to watch this Youtube video. It is a tutorial by Bill Wallace on how to use a chair to practice high kicks. Will Black Belt W...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring gloves, footwear, headgear, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi