List of Martial Arts Punches & Strikes
This section provides instructions and/or information on a wide variety of martial arts punches, hand strikes and arm strikes. It will help you to learn about techniques such as the straight punch, knife hand strike, palm strike and spinning back fist. You will also learn about more exotic martial arts strikes such as the Tiger Claw and Crane Beak Strike. These punches and strikes are used for self-defense, sparring, breaking techniques, etc.
Students should only practice these martial arts techniques under the supervision of a trained martial arts instructor. For additional information, you can visit the sections focused on punching power and punching speed.
Amazon - Punching Bags
Basic Punches & Strikes - Click on each punch or strike for instructions & videos
Advanced Punches and/or Strike Variations - Click on each punch or strike for instructions & videos
- Back Hand Strike or Back Hand Slap, Karate's Haishu Uchi, etc.
- Bolo Punch
- Crane Beak Strike or Crow's Beak Strike, Wood Hand Strike, Fingers Together Strike, etc.
- Double Fist Punch - This punch uses both hands to strike the target at the same time.
- Eagle Claw
- Eagle Strike
- Ear Clap or Thunderclap Strike, Thunder Palm Fist, etc.
- Extended Index Knuckle Punch or Ippon Ken, Shark Tooth Punch, Pistol Poke, etc.
- Finger Pokes or Scissor Finger Strike, Eye Strike
- Leopard Punch or Half Fist Punch, Knuckle Edge Punch, Half-Clenched Fist Punch, etc. - Used to target narrow areas.
- Liver Punch
- Mouth of Hand Strike
- One Inch Punch - This punch popularized by Bruce Lee is also known as the Wing Chun One Inch Punch.
- One Knuckle Punch or Extended Middle Knuckle Punch, Nakadaka Ken, etc.
- Overhand Punch
- Rabbit Punch
- Ridge Hand Strike - A reverse knife hand strike.
- Sambo Casting Punch or Casting Punch
- Spear Finger Strike - This is also known as Saber Hand Strike or Reinforced Finger Poke.
- Spear Hand
- Spinning Back Fist
- Superman Punch
- Thumb Strike
- Tiger Claw or Throat Strike
- Vertical Punch or Vertical Fist Punch
- Wing Chun Double Punch
Training Equipment for Punches & Strikes
Punches and Strikes by Martial Arts Style
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Bruce Lee's letters CBS did a recent show focusing on the philosophical commentary in Bruce Lee's letters. It also semi-looks at his daughter's role in Bruce Lee's archives & maintaining his legacy. Will Black Belt Wiki
- Top 10 Deadliest Lists Ever!!! Here is my definitive list of top 10 MA lists. They are in order of which ever one I randomly chose and therefore completely relevant! Anyone who doesn't agree with my list will go on to my list of people who don't agree with my list list! :) 0. https...
- New MA World Record A new Guinness World record for breaking blocks has recently been set, here is a link to the article and video, I don't know about anyone else but I seriously doubt the composite structure of those blocks especially given the nature of the technique us...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring gloves, footwear, headgear, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi