List of Karate Kicks with Instructions
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Yoga, etc. Meet martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Page Revision Date - 13 Nov 2016 15:03
List of Karate Kicks with Instructions
This page will help you learn a variety of basic Karate kicks such as Mawashi Geri (roundhouse kick) and Ushiro Geri (back kick). This page also lists the Japanese names for these Karate kicking techniques.
For other Karate techniques and katas, please visit the main Karate section. You should also visit the main Kicking Techniques section to see how these kicks are done by other martial arts styles (i.e. Muay Thai and Taekwondo). That section contains a greater variety of advanced martial arts kicks (i.e. Butterfly Kick) that you can learn in order to increase your overall martial arts knowledge.
Section supported by Karate books
Karate Kicking Techniques - Each kick listed below includes instructional and/or demonstration videos
- Ashi Barai - Foot Sweep
- Fumikomi - Stomp or Stomping Kick
- Gedan Mawashi Geri - Low Roundhouse Kick
- Hiza Geri - Knee Strike
- Kakato Otoshi Geri - Axe Kick - Sometimes only referred to as Kakato Geri.
- Kin Geri - Groin Kick
- Mae Geri - Front Kick
- Mae Geri Keage - Front Snap Kick
- Mae Geri Kekomi - Front Thrust Kick
- Mae Tobi Geri - Jumping Front Kick
- Mawashi Geri - Roundhouse Kick
- Mikazuki Geri - Crescent Kick
- Nidan Tobi Geri also known as Nidan Geri - Jumping Double Front Kick
- Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku - Tornado Kick
- Tobi Geri - Jumping Kick
- Tsumasaki Geri - Toe Kick
- Ura Mawashi Geri - Reverse Roundhouse Kick or Hook Kick
- Ura Ushiro Mawashi Geri - Spinning Reverse Roundhouse Kick, Spinning Wheel Kick, Spinning Hook Kick, etc.
- Ushiro Geri - Back Kick
- Ushiro Geri Keage - Back Snap Kick
- Ushiro Geri Kekomi - Back Thrust Kick
- Yoko Geri - Side Kick
- Yoko Geri Keage - Side Snap Kick
- Yoko Geri Kekomi - Side Thrust Kick
- Yoko Tobi Geri - Jumping Side Kick or Flying Side Kick
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Tattered, worn, white, blackbelt This video has an example of what I actually want to talk about. I have seen this before. I have seen this a lot... online. What is the deal with these tattered old blackbelts? If you don't know what I mean, skip to 10:57 to get a good look at Jess...
- Top 10 As a follow up to another question. You get 10 techniques to learn for the rset of your life. Stand up, ground throws etc. The jab cross and foot movement are already mastered. As well as the rnc, shrimping and hip ups. What would you choose
- New dojo mats Some of your know I've been wanting new mats and finally got them for my bday. 3' by 3' 1" thick Dual sided black and grey 180 sqft worth of them The basement dojo looks beautiful and near professional. Add me on Facebook if you want to see.
- The 3 grappling moves that every martial artist should know What the the 3 grappling techniques that every martial artist should know? They can be submissions, escapes, etc. They can also be from BJJ, Judo, Wrestling, etc. Please try to name the techniques and explain why they should be learned. Think that yo...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics